We regularly organise guest lectures at the department. Below you may find our most recent invited speakers.
- Dr. Aleksandra Pavićević, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, lectured on Death and Funeral in Post-communist Serbia: Between Religion, Politics and Private Act on Monday 23 January 2012.
- Prof. Philippe Descola, Collège de France lectured on The Making of Images on Tuesday 8 November; on the WHEN-seminar on Wednesday 9 November 2011; and on An introduction to the Anthropology of Nature on Thursday 10 November 2011.
- Associate Professor Celia Lowe, University of Washington, lectured on Wild Profusion: Conservation, biology and biodiversity in Indonesia, 20 September, and on Viral clouds: Becoming Avian Influenza in Indonesia, 21 September 2011.
- Prof. Stephen C. Lubkemann: The 'Weakness of Strong Ties' and the 'Meaning of the (Remitted) Gift': Rethinking Sociality in the Anthropology of Migration and Transnationalism. Wednesday 15 June, 2011.
- Prof. R.J. van Ginkel: "A Matter of Honour": Changing Epistemologies of Practice and Production Discourses in a Dutch Fishing Community, Thursday 7 April 2011.
- Prof. Mark Nuttall: Climate Change, Environment, and Nation-building in Greenland, Thursday 14 April 2011.