On our department page for study information, you will find information about course registration periods and about the learning platform Studium which is the place where you will find all the necessary information when you study a course with us.
New PhD students: Bim, Huai-Tse and Juan
We are pleased to present three of our new PhD students who are now settling in with us.
Bim Kilje that the coming years will focus on the sense of safety and social belonging in times of global crises. Huai-Tse Yang will study contemporarily everyday experiences of the Uyghur and Kazakh people in the Almaty region along the Kazakhstani-Chinese borderlands. Juan Miguel Fabbri Zeballos work aims to understand how indigenous communities in Bolivia cope with migration and climate change.
- Mats Utas interviewed about gang culture 2022-08-09
- Alex Maxia in The Times 2022-06-29
- Claudia Merli a new Fellow at the Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study 2022-06-23
- Gurbet Peker: The sheep - a Gotland symbol of sustainability 2022-06-23
- ”Megaprojekt” nominated for book award 2022-06-23
- Per Brandström: Book review of Mhola - The Utopia of Peace 2022-06-13
- Tiago Duarte Dias interviewed on Brazilian TV 2022-06-03
- Emma Fritze: Mission Eurovision 2022-05-16
- Now: Dr. Jacob Hjortsberg 2022-05-09
- Mats Utas celebrated 50 years with a lecture in Stavanger 2022-05-02
Research seminar in Cultural Anthropology with Aliaksandra Shrubok and Alec Forss. Return from the field seminar presentations.
Research seminar in Ethnology with Katarina Ek-Nilsson: The Grandma project (in swedish)
Research seminar in Cultural Anthropology with Tarminder Kaur. AmaXhosa Maradona: Ubuntu in subaltern soccer. In series: Shape of things to come – emerging anthropological perspectives on Southern Africa"