The Department in Media 2012-2018
Go directly to 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012.
- Sten Hagberg in the Swedish newspaper Expressen's TV news on August 17, 2018, about the elections in Mali: "Det här är inte herrarna som kommer bidra till förändring"
- Mats Utas is interviewed by Swedish Radio: "Ebolautbrott har påverkat människor ekonomiskt"
- Sten Hagberg in the Swedish newspaper Expressen's TV news on July 29, 2018, about the elections in Mali
- Sten Hagberg in the Swedish newspaper Expressen's TV news on July 29, 2018, about the elections in Mali: "Har varit oro för sabotage"
- Sten Hagberg in Swedish Public Radio on July 28, 2018, about the presidential elections in Mali: "Oroligheter hotar förstöra valet i Mali"
- On Thursday 29 March 2018 Sten Hagberg published an opinion piece (in Swedish) on the 2 March 2018 terrorist attacks in Ouagadougou.
- On Friday 2 March 2018 Sten Hagberg was interviewed (in English and French) by TV-Channel France24 on the terrorist attacks in Ouagadougou the same day.
- Reflections on 2 March 2018 attacks in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, by Sten Hagberg: "Fragile Security or Fatale Liaisons?"
- Finland and Sierra Leone compared. Mats Utas interviewed by Finnish Yle
- Interview with Mats Utas about Boko Haram suicide bombers in Northern Nigeria, Studio 1 (SR) August 17, 2017
- Mats Utas talks about Northern Nigeria and consequences of Boko Haram, February 2, 2017 in Yle Nyheter (Finnish national television)
- Interview with Mats Utas in Omvärlden podcast about development and stability in weak/failing states, April 20, 2016
- Interview with Mats Utas in Aftonbladet about Déby taking over as chairman of AU. January 30, 2016
- Interview with Mats Utas in web TV about online publishing on the platform DiVA. January 16, 2016
- Interview with Mats Utas in Yle (Finland) about regional implications of terrorist attacks in Burkina Faso. January 16, 2016
- Mats Utas was interviewed in P3 Nyheter about terrorist attacks in Bamako. November 21, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Göteborgsposten about terrorist attacks in Bamako. November 21, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in SVT Nyheter about terrorist attacks in Bamako. November 21, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Expressen TV, about Tchad's active stance against Boko Haram, 12 Oct 2015
- Sten Hagberg published an article in Swedish weekly ETC on popular resistance to the Burkinabe coup, 3 Oct 2015
- Sten Hagberg published an article on the popular resistance in Burkina Faso on Mats Utas' blog, 28 Sept 2015
- Sten Hagberg was interviewed in direct several times by French France24 and Belgian RTBF, 17-19 Sept 2015
- Sten Hagberg interviewed in the Belgian radio station RCF, 22 Sept 2015
- Sten Hagberg on the Burkinabe coup in Upsala Nya Tidning, 21 Sept. 2015
- Sten Hagberg on the coup in Burkina Faso at Mats Utas' blog, 17 September 2015
- Sten Hagberg writes in SVT-opinion about the coup d'état in Burkina Faso, 16 september 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Finnish Kehitys about Sierra Leone, 15 June, 2015
- On June 10, 2017, Sten Hagberg was interviewed by Radio France Internationale about the recently published study "Vers une sécurité par le bas"
- Sten Hagberg writes in Upsala Nya Tidning about smart aid to Burkina Faso, 23 April 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Swedish Ylä (Finland) about Boko Haram and neighboring countries, March 9, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Gomorron Sverige (SVT) about Boko Haram, Al Shabaab and ISIS. February 24, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Aftonbladet about Boko Haram attacks in Chad. February 13, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in SVT web about Boko Haram and Nigerian election. February 13, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Dagen about Boko Haram and Nigerian Elections. February 12, 2015
- Mats Utas provided a commentary in Dagen about War and films about Syria and Mali. February 3, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in SVT web about Boko Haram and Nigerian election. January 30, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Aftonbladet about African Union and Boko Haram. January 29, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Svenska Dagbladet about African Union and Boko Haram. January 29, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in Svenska Ylä (Finnish TV) about Boko Haram in Nigeria. January 15, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in P1 Morgon (SR) about Boko Haram in Nigeria. January 13, 2015
- Mats Utas was interviewed in P3 Nyheter (SR) about Boko Haram in Nigeria. January 12, 2015
- Sverker Finnström, and several other anthropologists comment upon the Sweden democrats in svt.se, 18 Dec 2014
- Sten Hagberg wrote about the current situation in Burkina Faso in Upsala Nya Tidning, 9 Nov 2014
- Sten Hagberg published an article on the situation in Burkina Faso at Mats Utas blog, 4 Nov 2014
- Sten Hagberg was interviewed in France24 on Burkina Faso on 31 Oct and 1 Nov 2014
- Oscar Pripp interviewed about the concept of race in The Local, 31 July 2014
- Owe Ronström interviewed on cultural heritage in Sveriges Televsion, 2 July 2014.
- Karin S. Lindelöf was mentioned in Forskning & Framsteg about the relation between academia and society. 12 June 2014.
- Karin S. Lindelöf was interviewed in SVT's live broadcast from Göteborgsvarvet. 17 May 2014. Karin can be seen at 00:17:59 and 03:02:55.
- Molly Sundberg wrote about the genocide in Rwanda in Svenska Dagbladet, 6 April 2014
- Ing-Britt Trankell and Jan Ovesen were interviewed about the Cambodian election in Amnesty Press, 27 March 2014
- Ella Johansson was interviewed about the idea of "volksgeist" in Swedish Radio, 26 March 2014
- Gabriella Körling lectured at Institut des Sciences des Sociétés, Ouagadougou, with a follow-up article in lefaso.net, 16 March 2014
- Sten Hagberg was interviewed concerning the T-shirt with racist caricature sold at Nordiska Kompaniet in Expressen, 5 March 2014
Sten Hagberg published a paper on Burkina Faso's political development in Think Africa Press, 15 January 2014
- Daniel Bodén was interviewed about smart phones and everyday social interaction in contemporary Sweden in Upsala Nya Tidning, 18 September 2013
- Karin S Lindelöf was interviewed about Women-only races as a contemporary cultural phenomenon in Svenska Dagbladet, 22 August 2013
- Sten Hagberg reported from the presidential elections in Mali in SVT Världen, 30 July 2013
- Gabriella Körling was interviewed about the elections in Mali in Gomorron Sverige, 26 July 2013
- Sten Hagberg and Karolina Jeppson demonstrate that the government decision to stop development cooperation with Burkina Faso was taken on erroneous grounds in Omvärlden 15 May 2013
- Sten Hagberg et al. react against the systematic racism practised against African researchers coming to Schengen in Upsala Nya Tidning 12 May 2013
- The Vega Day Symposium with Paul Stoller was chaired by Sten Hagberg and the event was reported in Huffington Post on 25 April 2013
- Sverker Finnström was interviewed about the situation in Central Africa in Hufvudstadsbladet 8 April 2013
- Sten Hagberg lectured on opposition politics and grassroots democracy in West African Municipalities in Ouagadougou, 4-5 April 2013
- Women-only races in Kunskapskanalen. Ethnologist Karin S. Lindelöf talked at Gymnastik- och Idrottshögskolans researchers' relay on 8 March 2013.
- Forum for Africa Studies co-hosted a public lecture with Professor Hans Rosling on 7 February 2013. It was reported in Ergo and in Omvärlden.
- Sten Hagberg commented the liberation of Timbuktu in Swedish Radio P1, Studio Ett, on 29 January 2013
- Sten Hagberg was interviewed about the international intervention in Mali in Arbetaren, on 26 January 2013
- Sten Hagberg commented the international intervention in Mali in Swedish Radio P1, Studio Ett, on 14 January 2013
- In a reply to Migrationsverket published in Upsala Nya Tidning Sten Hagberg and Karin Greenberg ask why some adult children to Swedish citizens are denied tourist visa to the country, 8 January 2013
- In an article published by Svenska Dagbladet, Sten Hagberg questions the government decision, 27 December 2012
- Sten Hagberg and several researchers and other professionals collaborating with the country protest against the Swedish government decision to phase out development cooperation with Burkina Faso, Svenska Dagbladet, 27 December 2012; also published in English at NAI Forum
- Sten Hagberg describes how the Migration Board discriminates Afro-Swedish citizens in Upsala Nya Tidning, 25 November 2012
- Sten Hagberg on the political situation on northern Mali in Swedish Radio P1, 22 August 2012
- Our student Adelaida Caballero, who is also a poet with roots in Mexico, was interviewed by Ergo, #10 2012
- Karin Linderlöf participated in Swedish Radio P1 about the new runners, 4 and 5 August 2012
- Annie Linderson was interviewed about lifestyle migration of Swedes to Costa del Sol, Dagens Nyheter, 26 May 2012
- Karin S. Lindelöf on Female running in Spring-time, Sveriges Television Nordnytt 25 May 2012
- Karin S. Lindelöf on Women-only races, Sveriges Radio 21 May 2012
- Student in Ethnology Olle Jonsson is interviewed in Upsala Nya Tidning, 13 May 2012
- Eren Zink was interviewed on his work on research communities in Vietnam on Vietnamese Television, 3 May 2012
- The newly created Forum for Africa Studies is presented in the Uppsala University personnel monthly Universen, May 2012
- Sverker Finnström about his research in Northern Uganda, Uppsala University Personnel Monthly Universen, May 2012
- Sten Hagberg on the Cake Debate, Svenska Dagbladet, 18 April 2012
- Sten Hagberg on coup d'état in Mali, Swedish Radion Studio Ett, 23 March 2012
- Oscar Pripp on diversity and disability, UR Samtiden, 22 March 2012
- Sverker Finnström on Kony2012 and the Northern Uganda, Newsmill, 12 March 2012
- Mikael Kurkiala on Honour killings in Sweden, UR Samtiden, February 2012
- Mikael Kurkiala on the Climate Crisis as Spiritual Challenge, Interfaith Climate Summit